Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Today I present my original composition, SKIPPING.  I completed this piece in 2017 and scored it for guitar.  Below is a screenshot of the title page from the autograph score:


One day, while sitting in a local park, I observed a couple of jovial juveniles as they skipped by, giggling as they went.  The vision of those two girls set me thinking on skipping.  It occurred to me that we only seem to engage in such activity when we are very young; a motion I dare guess few adults can even manage!  Children, on the other hand, seem to have an innate ability to move in this way.  Additionally, skipping seems to be a universal expression of childhood joy.  Oh, for a moment of such elation!  In recognition of the scene as well as an attempt to capture some of that joy, I composed this little piece for guitar based on the rhythmic pattern of their gestures.

Listen at SoundClick
Listen at MP3Unsigned

SKIPPING, Copyright©2017 DamonMusic by Sean Damon Rohde. All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment