Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Today I present my original composition, TALE OF A SONGBIRD.  I completed this piece in 2007 and scored it for violin and piano.  Below is a screenshot of the title page from the autograph score:


For a short while, my sister lived down the street from me. Her unit was right on the water facing the west. I used to go over to her place, take in the view, and try to make art of it. While there, I composed this piece in recognition of the numerous birds that would dart to and fro past the great picture window. Their ecstatic animation drove my pen in this one of many works I have written in a pastoral vein.

Listen at SoundClick
Listen at MP3Unsigned

TALE OF A SONGBIRD, Copyright©2007 DamonMusic by Sean Damon Rohde. All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment