Monday, September 16, 2013

Today I present my original composition, FOR ANNE.  I completed this little piece in 1993 and scored it for flute.  Below is a screenshot of the complete autograph score:


This trifle is something I wrote for Anne, head librarian of the Mill Valley Public Library, a beautiful building nestled in the redwoods of Mill Valley, California where I worked for many years.

Anne was beginning study of the flute, which prompted my idea of writing a little piece for her to practice.  Fittingly, it is brief and consists of some of the various techniques intrinsic to the instrument, such as, staccato, legato, a bit of ornamentation, a little syncopation, some scale work, and a basic ABA form.

Listen at SoundClick
Listen at MP3Unsigned

FOR ANNE, Copyright©1993 DamonMusic by Sean Damon Rohde. All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment