Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Today I present my original composition, FUGUE FOR ORGAN IN A.  I completed this piece in 2000 and scored it for organ.  Below is a screenshot of the title page from the autograph score:


I was inspired to write this piece for organ after the performance of my choral work, THE FRUITS OF SILENCE.  During a lull in rehearsal of that piece, the organist played for me the toccata from Bach’s famous TOCCATA AND FUGUE IN D MINOR.  Anyone who has ever heard the sound of a pipe organ with all stops pulled in a cathedral knows there is nothing like it on Earth!  The all-mighty power of the sound is incredible.

This music, composed one year for Christmas, is my attempt to create an exciting, festive, celebratory piece to accentuate the holidays.  It is the first of several seasonal pieces I will be posting over the next few weeks.

FUGUE FOR ORGAN IN A, Copyright©2000 DamonMusic by Sean Damon Rohde.  All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment