Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Today I present my original composition, IN THE FALLING SNOW.  I completed this piece in 2001 and scored it for flute, celesta, harp, and strings.  Below is a screenshot of the title page from the autograph score:


I conceived this music in recognition of the magic that is snowfall.  Specifically, I am trying to conjure the image of those first graceful flakes that gently waft around as one stands in a beautiful natural setting.  My choice of instrumentation reflects this intention. 
 

To my mind, nothing in the world of acoustic instruments is more evocative of ice and snow than the celesta!

You should consider this little seasonal piece to be something of a musical greeting-card, designed to help brighten the holidays.  Please help yourselves to a copy if interest moves you.

IN THE FALLING SNOW, Copyright©2001 DamonMusic by Sean Damon Rohde.  All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment